1.1. Tourego’s mobile application, WeChat Mini Program, website, WeChat, Weibo, Facebook, Instagram or any similar social media or messaging accounts, and APIs (“Tourego Platforms”) are owned and operated by Tourego Pte. Ltd. (Co. Reg. No. 201421746H), a company incorporated in Singapore whose registered office is at 400 Orchard Road #19-07, Singapore 238875, and a company within the Tourego group of companies. Any reference to “Tourego”, “we” or “us” on Tourego Platforms should be regarded as a reference to Tourego Pte. Ltd. and/or, as the context requires, the Tourego group of companies.
1.2. The following terms and conditions (these “Terms”) govern your access and use of Tourego Platforms and the use of our Services (“Tourego Services”) made directly available through Tourego Platforms and/or indirectly through our partner platforms via our APIs (“Partner Platforms”). Please read these Terms carefully.
2. Acceptance of Terms
2.1. By downloading, browsing, accessing and/or using Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms or registering for and/or using Tourego Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must stop using and/or accessing Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services.
2.2. If you are below 18 years old, you must obtain the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s), their acceptance of these Terms and their agreement to take responsibility for: (a) your actions; (b) any charges associated with your use of any of Tourego Services; and (c) your acceptance and compliance with these Terms. If you continue to use and/or access Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services, you are deemed to have obtained the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
3.1. In using Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services, you hereby agree to access and/or use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner at all times and further agree to comply with all guidelines, notices, operating rules, policies and instructions pertaining to the use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services, as amended time to time.
3.2. In using Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services, you hereby agree and undertake not to:
- impersonate any person or entity or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services for illegal purposes under applicable law;
- attempt to interfere or disrupt other computer systems or networks connected to Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services;
- upload, distribute or transmit any materials or information which are or may be offensive, indecent, defamatory or which may not be lawfully disseminated under applicable law;
- interfere with another person’s use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services;
- use or upload, in any way, any software or material that contains, or which you have reason to suspect that contains, viruses, damaging components, malicious code or harmful components which may impair or corrupt the data on Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms or damage or interfere with the operation of another person’s computer or mobile device or Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services; and
- use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services other than in conformance with the acceptable use policies of any connected computer networks, any applicable Internet standards and any other applicable law.
3.3. We may, from time to time and without giving any reason or prior notice, upgrade, modify, suspend or discontinue the provision of or remove, whether in whole or in part, Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and shall not be liable for any losses whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly if any such upgrade, modification, suspension, discontinuance or removal prevents you from accessing and/or using Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services.
3.4. We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to:
- monitor, screen or otherwise control any activity, content or material on Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services;
- prevent or restrict the use of any person of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services;
- report any activity it suspects to be in violation of any applicable law to the appropriate authorities and to co-operate with such authorities; and/or
- request any information and data from you in connection with your use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services at any time and to exercise our right under this paragraph if you refuse to divulge such information and/or data or if you provide inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent information and/or data (or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect so).
4. Account Registration and Use
4.1. Registration. In order to use Tourego Services, you will be required to register for an account with us, and through such process, provide your personal data (including but not limited to, your full name, date of birth, passport number, nationality, credit / debit card details, email address, contact number, facial features, and such other information we may require to perform Tourego Services) which will be associated with such account. We may, at any time in our sole and absolute discretion, request that you update your personal data forthwith failing which we may invalidate your account without giving any reason or prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any losses suffered by you or caused by or arising out of or in connection with or by reason of, whether directly or indirectly, such request or invalidation.
4.2.Warranties. In respect of such personal data, you hereby represent and warrant to us that:
- you have registered for the account for your own use using your own personal data;
- the passport used to register for the account is valid as of the date of registration and eligible for international travel; and
- the date of birth, nationality, credit / debit card details, email address, contact number and other particulars provided during registration are accurate and complete as of the date of registration.
4.3.Undertakings. In respect of your account, you hereby agree and undertake to:
- keep the username, password and Quick Response Code (“QR Code”) assigned to your account strictly confidential;
- be responsible for the security of your account and liable for any disclosure or use (whether such use is authorised or not) of your username, password and/or QR Code. This includes changing your password upon first use;
- notify us immediately if (i) you have knowledge or suspect that the confidentiality of your username, password and/or QR Code has been compromised; (ii) there has been any unauthorised use of your username, password and/or QR Code; or (iii) your personal data needs to be updated; and
- maintain and promptly update your registered personal data to ensure that it is accurate, current and complete.
4.4.Suspension. We shall have the right, but not obligation, to suspend, disable, or delete your account at our sole discretion in the event that
- you breach any of these Terms; or
- we receive instructions from the Comptroller of GST to do so.
4.5. Responsibility / Indemnity. You shall be responsible for and be bound by any use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services through your account (whether such use is authorised by you or not) and you agree that we shall be entitled (but not obliged) to act upon, rely on or hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof as if the same were carried out or transmitted by you. We shall not be liable to you for any losses whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from the unauthorised use of your account. You further agree to fully indemnify us against any losses whatsoever or howsoever caused attributable to any use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services through your account.
4.6. Use of Electronic Device / Internet. You agree and acknowledge that in order to use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and several functions related thereto, you will be required to use an electronic device with connection to the Internet which we shall not be responsible to provide. You shall be wholly responsible for arranging for your own use of an electronic device with connection to the Internet and any applicable charges which you may incur arising from such use.
5. Intellectual Property
5.1. Ownership. The intellectual property rights in and to Tourego Platforms, and for the enablement of Partner Platforms, and the materials contained therein are owned, licensed to or controlled by Tourego, its licensors and/or its service providers. We reserve the right to enforce our intellectual property rights to the fullest extent provided under applicable law.
5.2. Prohibited Acts. As a user of the Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms, you hereby agree and undertake not to reproduce, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, separate, alter, distribute, republish, display, broadcast, hyperlink, mirror, frame, transfer or transmit in any manner, store in an information retrieval system, or install on any servers, system or equipment without our prior written consent or that of the relevant owners.
5.3. Trade Marks. The trademarks used on Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms are registered and unregistered trademarks of Tourego, its licensors and/or its service providers. Nothing on the Platforms and/or their Terms shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use (including as a meta tag or as a “hot” link to any other website) any trade marks displayed on Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms, without our prior written consent or that of the relevant owners.
6. Request for GST Refund
6.1. Eligibility of Tourist. To be eligible to request for a Goods and Services Tax (“GST
”) refund, you will have to meet the following criteria prescribed under the Goods and Services Tax (General) Regulations (the “GST Regulations
”) and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Comptroller of GST from time to time:
- you are 16 years of age or above on the date of the purchase;
- you are not a citizen or a permanent resident of Singapore;
- you are not a member of the crew of an aircraft on which you are departing Singapore; and
- you are not a Specified Person as specified in paragraph 6.2 below (“Specified Person”) –
- on the date of the purchase;
- at any time within the period of 3 months immediately before the date of purchase; or
- on the date you submit your claim for a refund of the GST charged on your purchases at the airport;
6.2. A Specified Person refers to
- an individual who has in force –
- any work pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower (i.e. Work Permit, Training Work Permit, S Pass, Employment Pass, Training Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, EntrePass, Work Holiday Pass, Miscellaneous Work Pass and Letter of Consent);
- a Dependent’s Pass; or
- a Long Term Visit Pass.
- any of the following individual who has in force an Identification Card issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore and who is –
- a diplomat, consular officer, an administration, technical or service staff or other staff appointed to or employed in any foreign Embassy, High Commission or Consulate in Singapore;
- a staff appointed to or employed in an International Organisation, Representative Office or Trade Office in Singapore; or
- a spouse or dependent child of any individual mentioned in (bi) and (bii) above.
6.3. Eligibility of Goods. In general, all standard-rated goods (and not services which are ineligible) are eligible for GST refund except the following which include, but are not limited to:
- goods wholly or partly consumed in Singapore;
- goods exported for business or commercial purpose;
- goods that will be exported by freight; and
- accommodation in a hotel, hostel, boarding house or similar establishments.
6.4. Request Process. If you have purchased eligible goods from a GST-registered retailer affiliated to Tourego (a “Tourego Retailer
”), you may request for a GST refund through Tourego Services by:
- (if not already registered) registering an account with us on Tourego Platforms or Partner Platforms;
- making a request to an attending staff at the Tourego Retailer;
- complying with the instructions of the said attending staff, including but not limited to, presenting your physical passport;
- retaining the Electronic Tourist Refund Scheme (“eTRS”) transaction record (the “eTicket”) in your account and the original invoice / receipt which may be required for inspection by Customs together with the relevant goods;
- confirming the data on the eTicket is accurate and is a fair representation of your purchase(s);
- presenting yourself and with the relevant goods at the relevant departure point on the day of departure;
- performing the self-service export declarations at the eTRS self-help kiosks located at the relevant departure point, or via Tourego’s mobile approval process directly within Tourego’s Platforms or Partner’s Platforms, on the day of departure by using the eTicket or a token assigned to your Passport or credit / debit card (the “Token”) and selecting the preferred refund method, including but not limited to digital payment wallets, credit card or cash (which is subject to a maximum of S$7,500 per tourist unless additional arrangements have been made); and
- (if so directed) submitting yourself, the relevant goods, the original invoice / receipt, the eTicket, and other such information and documents as may be required, for inspection by an officer of Singapore Customs; and
- (if cash refunds selected) presenting the notification slip issued by the eTRS self-help kiosk or electronic notification slip issued via Tourego’s mobile approval process directly within Tourego’s Platforms or Partner’s Platforms, and presenting the same at the GST Cash Refund Counter at the relevant departure point to collect the applicable cash refund. Cash refund is subject to an aggregate cap of S$500, or such other amount as may be imposed by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) from time to time, per Tourist on the amount of cash Refunds such Tourist may be entitled to (regardless of the number of eTicket(s) held by the Tourist and manual refund form(s) completed by the Tourist). Any refund amount above the cap of S$500, or such other amount as may be imposed by IRAS from time to time, shall be paid to the relevant Tourist as a non-cash refund.
6.5. Authorisation / Fees. In requesting for a GST refund through Tourego Services, you hereby agree and authorise us to:
- submit your personal data and the purchase details (including without limitation, the description of the goods, the sales amount) to the Central Clearing House (“CCH”), the Central Refund Counter (“CRC”) and/or the Comptroller of GST for the purpose of processing your said request for the GST refund;
- charge you a fee for facilitating your request for the GST refund in accordance with our schedule of fees (as updated from time to time) (the “Tourego Fee”) which becomes due and payable upon submission of the above request and, unless otherwise agreed, regardless of the outcome of the said request;
- deduct the Tourego Fee from the applicable refund amount payable to you;
6.6. Representation, Warranties & Undertakings. In submitting your request for a GST refund through Tourego Services, you represent, warrant and undertake to us that:
- you are an eligible tourist who meets the criteria set out in paragraph 6.1 above;
- the goods for which you are claiming GST refund for are eligible goods which meet the criteria set out in paragraph 6.3 above;
- you purchased the relevant goods from a Tourego Retailer;
- the total purchase amount (including any tax) of the relevant goods is not less than S$100.00 comprising not more than 3 invoices / receipts issued by the same Tourego Retailer bearing the same GST registration number and shop name;
- you will bring the relevant goods out of Singapore via Changi International Airport Departure Hall, Seletar Airport Passenger Terminal or any other “airport” defined under the GST Regulations (each, an “approved departure point”) no later than 2 months from the date of purchase;
- you will complete the application process for your GST refund at the eTRS self-help kiosks located at the approved departure points, or via Tourego’s mobile approval process directly within Tourego’s Platforms or Partner’s Platforms, using the eTicket or the Token and (if required), will produce the goods, invoice/receipt and any other relevant supporting documents to Singapore Customs for inspection at the relevant departure halls of the approved departure points;
- you will depart Singapore with the relevant goods no later than 12 hours after obtaining approval for your GST refund;
- you will claim the refund from the approved operator of the CRC no later than 2 months from the date of approval of the application; and
6.7. Default / Breach. In the event that you breach or act in default of any of the representations, warranties and undertakings set out in paragraph 6.6 above, we shall be entitled to, without prejudice to any other rights we may have against you, reject any request or revoke any approval of request and, upon notification to you, obtain from you full repayment of the amount refunded plus legal costs on an indemnity basis.
7. Limitation of Liability
7.1. No Representations or Warranties. Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms, Tourego Services and the materials contained therein are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. No representations or warranties of any kind, implied, express or statutory are given in conjunction with Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms, Tourego Services and the materials contained therein. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we do not warrant:
- the accuracy, timeliness, adequacy, commercial value or completeness of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms or Tourego Services, and expressly disclaims any liability for errors, delays or omissions in the materials contained therein, or for any action taken in reliance on the materials contained therein;
- that your use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms or Tourego Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected; and
- that Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms, Tourego Services and the materials contained therein are free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macros.
7.2. Risks of Electronic Transmission. We do not warrant that any information, instructions and/or communications transmitted by you through Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms or Tourego Services are secure and cannot be accessed by unauthorised third parties, and you accept the risk that any information transmitted or received through Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms or Tourego Services may be accessed by unauthorised third parties and/or disclosed by us or our officers, employees or agents to third parties purporting to be you or purporting to act under your authority. Transmissions over the Internet may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet.
7.3. Exclusion of Liability. Tourego, its affiliates, officers, employees, agents and/or partners shall not be liable to you for any loss, damages or expenses (including any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages or economic loss or any claims for loss of profits or loss of use) whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with:
- any access, use and/or inability to access and/or use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms or Tourego Services;
- reliance on any data or information made available through Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms or Tourego Services;
- any failure, error, omission, interruption and/or delay on the part of any Tourego Retailer, CCH, CRC and/or the Comptroller of GST;
- any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent program or macros; and
- any access to and/or use of any other website or webpage linked to Tourego Platforms or Partner Platforms, even if Tourego, its officers, agents, or employees may have been advised of, or otherwise might have anticipated, the possibility of the same.
7.4. Rejection of Request. Any request for GST refund is subject to the approval of IRAS over which Tourego has no control or influence. IRAS is entitled to reject any request or revoke its approval for any request whereupon you may be required to repay any refund amount paid to you. In such an event, Tourego shall not be liable to you for any loss, damages or expenses whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with the same.
8.1. Bonus Features. For your information and reference only, we may include bonus features on Tourego Platforms which may be useful to you such as a tax calculator, shopping guides, a “wallet” recording the amount of GST refunds requested etc. You hereby agree that your use of such bonus features are entirely at your own risk and we shall not be liable to you for any loss, damages or expenses whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with the same.
8.2. Hyperlinks. For your convenience, we may include hyperlinks on Tourego Platforms to other websites or content on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. Such linked websites or content are not under our control and we are not liable for any errors, omissions, delays, defamation, libel, slander, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, inaccuracy or any other objectionable material contained in the contents, or the consequences of accessing, any linked website. Any hyperlinks to any other websites or content are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content and you agree that your use of or access to such linked websites or content is entirely at your own risk.
8.3. Advertising. We may, from time to time, attach banners, java applets and/or such other materials on Tourego Platforms for the purposes of advertising our or Tourego Retailers’ products and/or services. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not be entitled to receive any payment, fee and/or commission in respect of any such advertising or other promotional materials.
9.1. Termination by Tourego. In our sole and absolute discretion, we may with immediate effect upon giving you notice, terminate your use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and/or disable your account. We may bar access to Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services (or any part thereof) for any reason whatsoever, including a breach of any of these Terms or where if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the Terms, or if in our opinion or the opinion of any regulatory authority, it is not suitable to continue providing Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services.
9.2. Termination by Users. You may terminate these Terms by giving us 7 days’ notice in writing.
10.1. Cumulative Rights / Remedies. Unless otherwise provided in these Terms, the provisions of these Terms and our rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies we may have in law or in equity, and no exercise by us of any one right or remedy shall operate so as to hinder or prevent our exercise of any other such right or remedy as at law or in equity.
10.2. No Waiver. No failure or delay to enforce these Terms shall operate as a waiver of thereof, and such failure or delay shall not affect our rights to subsequently enforce these Terms.
10.3. Severability. If at any time any provision of these Terms shall be or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected or impaired thereby, and shall continue in force as if such provision was severed from these Terms.
10.4. Rights of Third Parties. A person or entity who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Chapter 53B of Singapore) or any similar legislation in any jurisdiction to enforce any of these Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Clause shall affect the rights of any permitted assignee or transferee of these Terms.
10.5. Governing Law. The use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and these Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
10.6. Injunctive Relief. We may seek immediate injunctive relief if we make a good faith determination that a breach or non-performance is such that a temporary restraining order or other immediate injunctive relief is the only appropriate or adequate remedy.
10.7. Amendments. We may by notice through Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms or by such other method of notification as we may decide in our sole and absolute discretion, vary the terms and conditions of these Terms, such variation to take effect on the date we specify through the above means. If you use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services after such date, you are deemed to have accepted such variation. If you do not accept the variation, you must stop accessing and/or using Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and terminate these Terms.
10.8. Correction of Errors. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any acceptance, invoice or other document on our part shall be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
10.9. Language. In the event that these Terms are translated into any language other than English, the English language version of these Terms shall govern and shall take precedence over such foreign language version. In the event of any conflict between the English language version and the foreign language version, the English language version will, to the extent permitted by the applicable law, prevail.
10.10. Entire Agreement. These Terms shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces in full all prior understandings, communications and agreements with respect to the subject matter hereof.
10.11. Binding & Conclusive. You acknowledge and agree that any records maintained by us or our service providers relating to or in connection with Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services shall be binding and conclusive on you for all purposes whatsoever and shall be conclusive evidence of any information and/or data transmitted between us and you. You hereby agree that all such records are admissible in evidence and shall not be challenged or disputed as to their admissibility, reliability, accuracy or the authenticity merely on the basis that such records are in electronic form or are the output of a computer system, and you hereby waive any of your rights to so object.
10.12. Sub-Contracting and Delegation. We reserve the right to delegate or sub-contract the performance of any of the functions in Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and reserve the right to use any service provider, subcontractor and/or agent on such terms as we deem appropriate.
10.13. Assignment. You may not assign your rights under these Terms without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights under these Terms to any third party.
10.14. Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for non-performance, error, interruption or delay in the performance of our obligations under these Terms (or any part thereof) or for any inaccuracy, unreliability or unsuitability of the contents of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services if this is due, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to an event or failure which is beyond our reasonable control.
11. Contact Information
Please contact Tourego at firstname.lastname@example.org
to report any violations of this Terms & Conditions or to pose any questions regarding this Terms & Conditions or Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services.